Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting....

I know that it has been a long time since I last wrote in my blog, but I have been so busy with work and everything else, that it has not been at the top of my priority list. Maybe I'll make that a new years resolution, write in the blog once a week! Well, since September, this is a run down of what has been going on.

1. New job title...in October, I applied and got a new position of curriculum technology partner. Our school received a grant for 100,000 dollars to put more technology into the school. And along with that came the position. So in addition to my classroom duties, I will also be learning some new technology and then introducing that technology into the classroom and to the classroom teachers. I'm really excited about it.

2. Thanksgiving at the Meier's... I went to my cousin CJ's for thanksgiving and had a blast! It was so much fun! And I loved being able to spend time with him. It has been such a long time since he and I got a chance to talk, and I loved being able to do that!

3. SNOW!!!!!!! Believe me, I knew and was waiting for that big snowstorm to come. And boy did it ever! The first dumping gave us about 2 feet of snow total...then we got another storm that blew in another foot. This last system only dumped 6 inches or so...but goodness it is white out there! I'm not complaining though. I don't mind the cold toes or fingers. In truth, I love it! I was afraid that spending so many summer sin Arizona would have stripped me of my thick skin. I'm happy to say that is a myth. I have had no trouble standing outside in near 0 temperatures with just my sweater on and not be uncomfortable...I'm glad that I didn't lose my thick Norwegian skin!

4. Finding long lost relatives...since moving here my genealogy bug has been renewed. I have been to the cemetery and seen my grandfather johns grave, discovered that my great uncle lives in town, and reconnected with a great aunt that I haven't seen or talked to in years.

So now that brings us up to date. Whats happening now? Now I am waiting in the airport to fly back to arizona for Christmas. I'm excited, nervous, and feel Ike a kid on Christmas morning waiting for mom and dad to get up so I can inspect what Santa brought me. The plane will probably be boarding soon...merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment