Sunday, January 5, 2014

Crockpot Meals



I found this website the other day where the person claimed to have 6 crockpot meals and the grocery shopping list for these meals. I decided to try it. I will share the site, but I will go through each one because I made some changes for my own tastes...here is the original site and the inspiration. I also signed up for her newsletter and already received next weeks meals. But since it is just me, I figure each one of these meals will last 2-3 meals.


http://www.sidetrackedsarah.com/2011/10/once-week-cooking-from-freezer-to_17/


Meals:

Mexican Casserole
-what I changed:
-I didn't brown the meat
-I did not include the rice into the freezer bag. I will add that when I cook it.

Beef Stroganoff
-what I changed:
-I didn't brown the meat

Chicken and Rice
-what I changed:
-No rice in the bag
-I used frozen spinach, I am not a broccoli fan
-I used fresh chicken tenderloins (Fry's B1G2)

Taco Soup
-what I changed:
-I didn't brown the meat
-I couldn't find Rotel...so I used a small can of diced tomatoes and a small can of green chilies..

Tator Tot Casserole
-what I changed:
-I didn't brown the meat

Chicken Tacos
-what I changed:
-I used fresh chicken tenderloins (Fry's B1G2)
-Did the same thing for Rotel from taco soup recipe

**In regards to the grocery list...I had a lot of the items already on hand. I also used the ads to find the best deals. Safeway was 1.99 a pound for ground beef, I ended up with an almost 5 pound package which worked for me. I made sure that with the meat it was not frozen so I would be able to freeze the packages. I also doubled up the freezer bags...made them flat and put them flat into the freezer.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment