Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'm Back!!!!

Hey all! Have you missed me???!!! I've actually been here...just not blogging like I should. Well, now it's one of my News Years Resolutions...to blog whats happening and any homemaking ideas I get the notion to doing. SOOOOO...Here's the low down for those of you who have been out of loop...I'm no longer in ND! Yup...I came back to AZ. Why you ask? Well...one very good reason...no it's not the weather...it was my family. Don't get me wrong, I have family in ND and SD and MN...(you all rock BTW)...but my mother is here in AZ and being in a town with no one to hang out with...although the job was fantastic and I loved the small town and even the winter...yes I said winter....without my mother and family...I was really depressed. So I made the decision to come back and I don't regret it. I'm still teaching, 6th grade self contained this year. It's a challenge and I will leave it at that. But, I'm really getting into the prepping and pseudo homesteading (as much as I can here in a city). I still can. I can alot actually and had a lot of fun this fall with some new recipes...ie..prickly pear jelly. I tried my hand at making lefse, krumkake, and sandbakkel baking...and I didn't do too badly for a first timer. I have the start of a small jungle in one of my living rooms. I have 2. I found an awesome manufactured home in a small out of the way community. Most times people don't even know its here, but that helps with having somewhat of a small town feel...sort of. HA. And one of my Aunts live in the same community. Back to the jungle. I am creating an indoor garden of sorts. I have a storage shed on my property and I've been thinking of converting it to a greenhouse in the summer. I have a small patch of grass in the backyard that I can do something with too. All kinds of ideas are flowing. I wish I had enough room for a small chicken coop, but alas...no. I've been trying very hard to stay away from processed foods and go more natural. There is something very satisfying in creating a meal from scratch...and that includes the bread. I especially like knowing all the ingredients that go into that meal, and that I can pronounce every one of them. Eventually, I wish to be completely or mostly completely self efficient. Yes, I am one of those that feels that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and I want to be prepared for that day. I make my own laundry detergent and cleaning products, lotions and other household items. I search the internet a lot for ideas and things I can make instead of buying. It's a work in progress and I share my findings with my mom and anyone else who wants it. On a different note...in November of 2012, Copper lost his battle and he died peacefully in my arms. In December of 2013, Goose and I welcomed Baby Girl into our hearts...well, more so me he's still dealing with it, but getting better. HA. Right now as I type she is draped over my arms, purring away. Well, I need to close for now, I have an entire week of crockpot meals to make today. I will post this and the links where I found them later on as well as pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment